About this course
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and a new assignment.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
By the end of this course, you should be familiar with the tools you can use to diagnose the most common issues that arise in production deployments, and how to fix those problems when they arise.
M101 or M102, or 3-6 months of administering MongoDB.
- Web Browser: FireFox 39.0+, Chrome 43+, or IE 10+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.4.x+ (Enterprise)
- Vagrant & Virtualbox
- 8 GB of RAM
- What is the cost of the class?
This class is free.
- What do I need to take this class?
You will need access to a computer and YouTube. A recent Windows, Mac OS or Linux based machine will work fine.
- What do I receive for taking this course?
You will get a certificate of completion from MongoDB, Inc.
- Do I need to be available during a certain hour of the day to watch the course?
The course is self-paced with weekly deadlines. The course will be broken down into short video segments with periodic assessments to check on your progress, weekly assignments and a final exam.
- How does the grading work?
You will receive a final grade but the grade won't be on your certificate of completion. To receive a certificate of completion, you will need to achieve 65% on graded material. There are three different types of assessments within the course: quizzes, weekly assignments and a final exam/project. Quizzes don't count toward your grade. Quizzes are intended to help you check your own understanding. The weekly assignments will comprise one half of your grade and the final exam/project one half of your grade. Most assignments will be due on Tuesdays. Each week we will release new video lectures and new assignments. Unfortunately, due to the large number of students and in the interest of fairness, late assignments cannot be accepted.
- Will I be able to get help?
We will be providing online forums where students can help each other. In addition, the instructor(s), teaching assistants and other MongoDB employees will monitor the forums and try to help. Often the fastest answer comes from another student.