About this course
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and a new assignment.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
By the end of this course you should be able to deploy a secure MongoDB cluster, configure the role-based authorization model to your needs, set up encryption, do proper auditing, and follow security best practices.
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 9+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.2.x+ Enterprise
- Vagrant & Virtualbox
What is the cost of an online course?
MongoDB University courses are free.
What do I need to take an online course?
You will need access to a computer and YouTube. A recent Windows, Mac OS or Linux based machine will work fine.
Do I need to be available during a certain hour of the day to watch course videos?
No. Each course is composed of pre-recorded lesson videos you may watch at any time during the run of the course. There are weekly deadlines for assignments.
Will I be able to get help?
Each course has an active online forum where students can help each other. In addition, the instructor(s), teaching assistants and other MongoDB employees will monitor the forums and try to help. Often the fastest answer comes from another student.