This course provides an introduction to Spark and helps students get started using the MongoDB Spark connector to build data analytics applications. We provide an overview of the Spark Scala and Java APIs with plenty of sample code and demonstrations.
The course does not assume prior knowledge of Spark, but does require an intermediate level of expertise with MongoDB. The suggested prerequisites are a passing grade in M101J or 3-6 months experience developing MongoDB applications in Java or Scala.
- Outline the purpose and function of major components in the Spark framework
- Connect Spark to MongoDB
- Source data from MongoDB for processing in Spark
- Write data from Spark into MongoDB
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- All content is available upon registering for the course
- There are no deadlines
- Hands-on components to come as we near general availability for the Spark connector
- Chapter 1: Spark and MongoDB
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB Enterprise: 3.2.0+
- Vagrant 1.7.4+
- VirtualBox 5.0.20+