About this course
Note: This is an early-access version of this course. You might encounter a few bugs along the way. We welcome feedback in the course discussion forum.
This course provides an introduction to Spark and helps students get started using the MongoDB Spark connector to build data analytics applications. We provide an overview of the Spark Scala and Java APIs with plenty of sample code and demonstrations.
- Approximately 1 hour of lesson videos plus quizzes
- All content is available upon registering for the course
- There are no deadlines
- Hands-on components to come as we near general availability for the Spark connector
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Outline the purpose and function of major components in the Spark framework
- Connect Spark to MongoDB
- Source data from MongoDB for processing in Spark
- Write data from Spark into MongoDB
- Web Browser: FireFox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 9+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.2+
- Software: Vagrant 1.7.4+, VirtualBox 5.0.20+
- What is the cost of the class?
This class is free.
- What do I need to take this class?
You will need access to a computer and YouTube. A recent Windows, Mac OS or Linux based machine will work fine.
- Do I need to be available during a certain hour of the day to watch the course?
No. The course is composed of short pre-recorded videos and automatically graded quizzes.
- Will I be able to get help?
We will be providing online forums where students can help each other. In addition, the instructor(s), teaching assistants and other MongoDB employees will monitor the forums and try to help. Often the fastest answer comes from another student.