This course will teach you how to use MongoDB as the database for an ASP.NET application.
You will play the role of a back-end developer for an ASP.NET application, where your job is to implement the application's communication with MongoDB. Using the C# driver you will read and write data to the database, use the aggregation framework, manage the configuration of the database client, and create a robust application by handling exceptions and timeouts.
We highly recommend taking M001 prior to taking this course.
A basic understanding of MongoDB's document model as well as familiarity with C# development environments will help you get the most out of this course.
You'll add new features and functionality to the back-end for a movie-browsing application called MFlix.
Using the MongoDB C# driver, you will implement most of MFlix's functionality. This includes basic and complex movie searches, registering new users, and enabling commenting on the site.
You will also add more features to the MFlix application. This includes writing analytical reports, increasing the durability of MFlix's connection with MongoDB, and implementing security best practices.
- Duration: 5 Chapters
- Your grade for the course will depend on your performance on labs and a final exam.
- You will receive a proof of completion if you achieve a grade of 65% or better.
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Using the Driver
- Chapter 3: User-Facing Backend
- Chapter 4: Admin Backend
- Chapter 5: Resiliency
- Final Exam
- Web Browser: Firefox 60.0+ or Chrome 70+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.6.14+ Enterprise
- MongoDB Compass: 1.15+
- Visual Studio 2019