This course will cover how you can take advantage of MongoDB to deploy a highly scalable content repository to support your business needs. Learn about installation, sizing, and the tools available to automate and manage your cluster. We’ll also walk through detailed recommendations for deploying, monitoring, and backing up your AEM environments. Throughout the course we will consider operational best practices required for scaling AEM instances to accommodate growing marketing teams. As the hands-on project for this course, students will implement their own digital photo library.
Students should have a solid understanding of MongoDB fundamentals before taking this course and have access to an AEM 6.1 (or greater) license.
An understanding of MongoDB fundamentals. If you do not already have substantial experience with MongoDB, before taking this course, please complete one of M101P, M101J, M101JS, M101N, or M102.
- Outline the basic components of AEM and MongoDB
- Critique different data modeling strategies used by AEM to store data in a document model
- Distinguish use cases for which MongoDB should be considered to support AEM installations
- Understand the different deployment models and reference architectures for AEM
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and a new assignment.
- This course will require approximately 3 hours of your time per week, depending on your level of preparation.
- Week 1: Getting Started with AEM and MongoDB
- Week 2: Data Model and Basic Setup
- Week 3: Operations and Deployment
- Week 4: Project Implementation
- Week 5: Tuning & Sizing
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- Hardware: 8GB RAM (16GB is recommended)
- MongoDB Enterprise: 3.0.8+
- Vagrant 1.7.4+
- VirtualBox 5.0.20+
- AEM Developer License or Partner License
- AEM 6.1 or 6.0 binaries (we recommend 6.1)