About this course
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Each week consists of video lectures and quizzes.
- Labs ensure you have an opportunity for hands-on experience. Labs are ungraded.
- Please note that we do not offer a certificate of completion for this course.
After completing this course, you should have a good understanding of how to use monitoring, backup, and automation within Cloud Manager and Ops Manager.
- M102: MongoDB for DBAs or 3+ months experience administering MongoDB.
- Please note that you do NOT need an account for any cloud provider other than MongoDB Cloud Manager. While you may choose to use a provider such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) to complete the labs, all labs are designed to enable you to deploy your MongoDB clusters and Ops Manager locally.
- Web Browser: FireFox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.0.8+
- Software: Vagrant 1.7.4+, VirtualBox 5.0.20+
- Hardware: 16GB or more of memory, at least 50GB of free disk space
Week 2: Ops Manager
- What is the cost of the class?
This class is free.
- What do I need to take this class?
You will need access to a computer and YouTube. A recent Windows, Mac OS or Linux based machine will work fine.
- Do I need to be available during a certain hour of the day to watch the course
No. The course consists of pre-recorded lesson videos and automatically graded quizzes and labs.
- Will I be able to get help?
We will be providing online forums where students can help each other. In addition, the instructor(s), teaching assistants and other MongoDB employees will monitor the forums and try to help. Often the fastest answer comes from another student.