In this short-course we provide an overview of MongoDB's deployment management platforms: Cloud Manager and Ops Manager. Both platforms provide deployment automation, monitoring, and backup for MongoDB. Cloud Manager is a hosted platform, while Ops Manager is designed to be installed and run on your premises. We will explore setting up automation, monitoring, backup using the Web UI these platforms support and provide a deeper dive on the architecture of Ops Manager to facilitate setup and configuration for on-premises installations.
M102: MongoDB for DBAs or 3+ months experience administering MongoDB. Please note that you do NOT need an account for any cloud provider other than MongoDB Cloud Manager. While you may choose to use a provider such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) to complete the labs, all labs are designed to enable you to deploy your MongoDB clusters and Ops Manager locally.
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Each week consists of video lectures and quizzes.
- Labs ensure you have an opportunity for hands-on experience. Labs are ungraded.
- Please note that we do not offer a certificate of completion for this course.
- Week 1: Cloud Manager
- Week 2: Ops Manager
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- Hardware: 16GB or more of memory, at least 50GB of free disk space
- MongoDB: 3.0.8+
- Vagrant 1.7.4+
- VirtualBox 5.0.20+