This course begins by assuming you have no experience with MongoDB, taking you through the basics of installation. Then you will learn about JSON and Mongo's extensive query capabilities through the Mongo shell. We will cover importing, and exporting data into Mongo. After that, we cover replication and fault tolerance. Then it is on to scaling out with MongoDB, including indexing, performance tuning, monitoring, and sharding. Finally, we cover backups and recovery.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and assignments.
- Each week requires approximately 3-5 hours of your time, depending on your level of preparation.
- You will receive a course completion confirmation at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- Week 1: Introduction and Overview
- Week 2: Creating, Reading and Updating Data (CRUD)
- Week 3: Performance
- Week 4: Replication
- Week 5: Replication, Part 2
- Week 6: Scalability
- Week 7: Backup and Recovery
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.0.4+