About this course
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and a new assignment.
- Each week requires approximately 3-5 hours of your time, depending on your level of preparation.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- You will receive a course completion confirmation at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
After completing this course, you should have a good understanding as to how applications are built on top of MongoDB using Python. Plus, you will have a great foundation when preparing for the MongoDB Developer Certification exam. Learn more about how to become a MongoDB Certified Professional.
- Web Browser: FireFox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.2
- Python 2.7, pymongo 3.0.3+, and Bottle 0.12
Week 2: Creating, Reading and Updating Data (CRUD)
Week 3: Schema Design
Week 4: Performance
Week 5: Aggregation Framework
Week 6: Application Engineering
Week 7: Case Studies
What is the cost of an online course?
MongoDB University courses are free.
What do I need to take a course?
You will need access to a computer and YouTube. A recent Windows, Mac OS or Linux based machine will work fine.
What do I receive for completing a course?
You will get a course completion confirmation from MongoDB, Inc.
Do I need to be available during a certain hour of the day to watch course videos?
No. Each course is composed of pre-recorded lesson videos you may watch at any time during the run of the course. There are weekly deadlines for assignments.
How does the grading work?
You will receive a final grade but the grade won't be on your course completion confirmation. To receive a course completion confirmation, you will need to achieve 65% on graded material. There are three different types of assessments within the course: quizzes, weekly assignments and a final exam/project. Quizzes don't count toward your grade. Quizzes are intended to help you check your own understanding. The weekly assignments will comprise one half of your grade and the final exam/project one half of your grade. Most assignments will be due on Tuesdays. Each week we will release new video lectures and a new assignments. Unfortunately, due to the large number of students and in the interest of fairness, late assignments cannot be accepted.
Will I be able to get help?
Each course has an active online forum where students can help each other. In addition, the instructor(s), teaching assistants and other MongoDB employees will monitor the forums and try to help. Often the fastest answer comes from another student.