This course will go over basic installation, JSON, schema design, querying, insertion of data, indexing and working with the Node.js driver.
After completing this course, you should have a good understanding as to how applications are built on top of MongoDB using Node.js. Plus, you will have a great foundation when preparing for the MongoDB Developer Certification exam. Learn more about how to become a MongoDB Certified Professional.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and assignments.
- Each week requires approximately 3-5 hours of your time, depending on your level of preparation.
- You will receive a course completion confirmation at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- Week 1: Introduction and Overview
- Week 2: Creating, Reading and Updating Data (CRUD)
- Week 3: The Node.js Driver
- Week 4: Schema Design
- Week 5: Indexes and Performance
- Week 6: The Aggregation Framework
- Week 7: Application Engineering
- Final Project
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.2
- Software: Node.js 4.2.x, Express 4.13.x, and MongoDB Node.js driver 2.1.x