This course will go over basic installation, JSON, schema design, querying, insertion of data, indexing and working with the Java driver.
After completing this course, you should have a good understanding as to how applications are built on top of MongoDB using Java. Plus, you will have a great foundation when preparing for the MongoDB Developer Certification exam. Learn more about how to become a MongoDB Certified Professional.
To take this course you should be familiar with Java. Knowledge of relational databases is not required.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and assignments.
- Each week requires approximately 3-5 hours of your time, depending on your level of preparation.
- You will receive a course completion confirmation at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- Week 1: Introduction and Overview
- Week 2: Creating, Reading and Updating Data (CRUD)
- Week 3: Schema Design
- Week 4: Performance
- Week 5: Aggregation Framework
- Week 6: Application Engineering
- Week 7: Final Exam
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: Versions 3.2 or 3.4
- Software: Java 7, MongoDB Java Driver 3.0.0, Spark 1.1.1, FreeMarker 2.3.19, Maven 2, and mongoProc 3.0+