This course provides a detailed introduction to key features and products being made generally available as part of the 4.2 release. Specifically, we will explore the MongoDB Server, Ops Manager, Compass, Atlas, BI Connector and other tools.
After completing this course, you will know how to upgrade to MongoDB 4.2 from existing deployments and be able to use the features and improvements this release has to offer.
3-6 months experience using MongoDB or completion of M001: MongoDB Basics.
Get up to speed with the latest release and start building with MongoDB 4.2. Here are some features you will learn about:
- Sharded transactions
- Wildcard Indexes
- Hybrid Index Builds
- $merge and aggregation update expressions
- Embedded MongoDB Charts
- New Ops Manager Agents
- MongoDB Enterprise Kubernetes Operator GA
- New Enterprise Tooling
- Duration: 8 Chapters
- Most chapters require 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Chapter 0: An Introduction to the MongoDB 4.2 Release
- Chapter 1: Transactions
- Chapter 2: Enterprise Tools
- Chapter 3: Indexes
- Chapter 4: Cloud / Ops Manager
- Chapter 5: Atlas
- Chapter 6: Security
- Chapter 7: $merge Aggregation Stage
- Chapter 8: General Improvements
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 4.2.0-rc6+
- VirtualBox 5.1.+
- Vagrant 2.0+