This course provides a detailed introduction to key features and products being made generally available as part of the 4.0 release. Specifically, we will explore the MongoDB Server, Ops Manager, Compass, Atlas, BI Connector and other tools.
After completing this course, you will know how to upgrade to MongoDB 4.0 from existing deployments and be able to use the features and improvements this release has to offer.
3-6 months experience using MongoDB or completion of M001: MongoDB Basics.
Get up to speed with the latest release and start building with MongoDB 4.0. Here are some features you will learn about:
- Multi-document ACID transactions
- Greater cluster elasticity and scalability
- Security and geo-distribution enhancements on MongoDB Atlas
- Best practices for upgrading to MongoDB 4.0
- Native data transformations with the aggregation pipeline
- Kubernetes integration for Ops Manager
- BI Connector installation and connection improvements
- The new aggregation pipeline builder in Compass
- Duration: 9 Chapters
- Most chapters require 15-30 minutes to complete.
- Chapter 0: An Introduction to the MongoDB 4.0 Release
- Chapter 1: Replica Set Transactions
- Chapter 2: Sharding Improvements
- Chapter 3: Misc Server Improvements
- Chapter 4: Aggregation Framework Improvements
- Chapter 5: MongoDB Compass
- Chapter 6: ODBC Driver for BI Connector
- Chapter 7: Atlas
- Chapter 8: MongoDB Upgrade and Downgrade
- Chapter 9: Ops Manager 4.0
- Final Exam
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 4.0.0-rc6+
- VirtualBox 5.1.+
- Vagrant 2.0+