This course provides a detailed introduction to key features and products being made generally available as part of the 4.0 release. Specifically, we will explore the MongoDB Server, Ops Manager, Compass, Atlas, the MongoDB Connector for Business Intelligence and other tools.
After completing this course, you will know how to upgrade to MongoDB 4.0 from existing deployments, and will gain a strong understanding of the features and improvements this release has to offer.
3-6 months experience using or administering MongoDB or M001: MongoDB Basics.
Get up to speed with the latest release and start building with MongoDB 4.0. In this course, you will develop a good understanding of the features and improvements that MongoDB 4.0 introduces. Here are some things you will learn about:
- Multi-document ACID transactions
- Greater cluster elasticity and scalability
- Security and geo-distribution enhancements on MongoDB Atlas
- Best practices for upgrading to v4.0
- Native data transformations with the aggregation pipeline
- Kubernetes integration for Ops Manager
- BI Connector installation and connection improvements
- The new aggregation builder in Compass
- Duration: 9 Chapters
- Most chapters require 15-30 minutes to complete.
- All chapters are available when the course opens.
- Chapter 0: An Introduction to the MongoDB 4.0 Release
- Chapter 1: Replica Set Transactions
- Chapter 2: Sharding Improvements
- Chapter 3: Misc Server Improvements
- Chapter 4: Aggregation Framework Improvements
- Chapter 5: MongoDB Compass
- Chapter 6: ODBC Driver for BI Connector
- Chapter 7: Atlas
- Chapter 8: MongoDB Upgrade and Downgrade
- Chapter 9: OpsManager 4.0
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.6.0+
- VirtualBox 5.0.+
- Vagrant 1.8.1+