In the ramp up to the MongoDB 3.6 general availability release and beyond, we are releasing a series of chapters on each of the new features in the MongoDB Server, Ops Manager, Compass, the MongoDB Connector for Business Intelligence and other tools.
After completing this course, you should have a good understanding of the features and improvements that MongoDB 3.6 introduces as well as an overall introduction to improved tools like Compass, Ops Manager and the BI Connector.
In addition, you should have a good understanding of how to upgrade to MongoDB 3.6 from existing deployments, and how to expand their usage of MongoDB given the 3.6 new set of features.
One of: M101J, M101JS, M101N, M101P, M102 or 3-6 months experience using or administering MongoDB.
You’ll build a good understanding of the features and improvements that MongoDB 3.6 introduces as well as an overall introduction to improved tools like Compass, Ops Manager, and the BI Connector.
Specifically, you will work with:
- Change Streams
- Retryable Writes
- Aggregation Framework Improvements
- Extended Query Language Expressivity
- Strict Document Validation and JSON Schema Support
- Timezone Improvements
- New Ops Manager Features
- BI Connector Improved Performance and Security
- MongoDB Compass Community
- Duration: 9 Chapters
- Most chapters require 15-30 minutes to complete.
- All released chapters are available to you when you register and we'll keep the course session open for eight weeks to ensure you have time review all new features.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to M036
- Chapter 2: Change Streams
- Chapter 3: Query Language Improvements
- Chapter 4: Tunable Availability and Consistency
- Chapter 5: Aggregation Framework Improvements
- Chapter 6: Miscellaneous
- Chapter 7: Cloud and Ops Manager Improvements
- Chapter 8: BI Connector and Compass Improvements
- Chapter 9: MongoDB Upgrade and Downgrade
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.6.0+
- VirtualBox 5.0.+
- Vagrant 1.8.1 or above