MongoDB Basics is designed for learners brand new to MongoDB. In this course you will learn how to set up your database and start exploring different ways to search and create data with MongoDB. We will also cover how to use Compass, the MongoDB GUI, and discover the MongoDB document model and basic schema design practices.
Basic knowledge of programming concepts such as command line or unix shell commands, functions, variables and boolean operators.
- Duration: 4 Chapters
- Each chapter requires approximately 90 minutes to complete.
- Your grade for the course will depend on your performance on labs and a final exam.
- You will receive a proof of completion if you achieve a grade of 65% or better.
- Chapter 0: Setup
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The MongoDB Query Language + Atlas
- Chapter 3: Deeper Dive into the MongoDB Query Language
- Final Exam
- Web Browser: Firefox 60.0+ or Chrome 70+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- MongoDB: 3.6.14+
- MongoDB Compass 1.16.3 (Stable) or later.