In this course you will learn how to set up your database and start exploring different ways to search, create, and analyze your data with MongoDB. We will cover database performance basics, and discover how to get started with creating applications and visualizing your data.
We'll start together with the ultimate basics, learning what a database is and recognizing what makes MongoDB different in the database space. Then you'll move on to working with data as you grasp the difference between BSON and JSON and start to import, export and query. Next you'll absorb how to create and manipulate documents with hands-on learning, and skill-up to mastering advanced Create Read Update Delete (CRUD) operations. By this time you'll be ready to work on Indexing, Data Modeling, and creating an Aggregation Pipeline. Lastly you'll have the opportunity to explore the Atlas UI in more detail, investigate the Charts functionality and Realm, as well as explore the use of Compass.
This course is rich in hands-on learning and additional resources to support your educational experience with MongoDB University. It has been developed and taught by a MongoDB Curriculum Engineer at MongoDB University, where we strive to free the genius within everyone by making data stunningly easy to work with.
A basic knowledge of programming concepts such as command line and shell commands, functions, variables and boolean operators.
- Duration: 6 Chapters
- Each Chapter contains an in-browser IDE for hands on learning experience.
- Your grade for the course will depend on your performance on labs and a final exam.
- You will receive a course completion confirmation if you achieve a grade of 65% or higher.
- Chapter 1: What is MongoDB?
- Chapter 2: Importing, Exporting, and Querying Data
- Chapter 3: Creating and Manipulating Documents
- Chapter 4: Advanced CRUD Operations
- Chapter 5: Indexing and Aggregation Pipeline
- Chapter 6: Next Steps
- Web Browser: Firefox 60.0+ or Chrome 70+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)