MongoDB ranks as one of the hottest job trends and one of the most highly compensated technology skills.
Increase your visibility among hiring managers and recruiters.
Foster credibility with your employer and peers in the developer and operations communities.
- Anyone may take the exam but we do recommend you complete an in-person training or one of the following online courses:
- The MongoDB Certification Exam Study Guide makes that study process simpler. It’s a guide to all of the topics on the exam, with links to the appropriate documentation to help exam takers to review. It also covers the practical details of taking the exam, like computer requirements and proctoring.
The guide is only available to those who have registered for a certification exam. Register for a DBA exam now to get immediate access to the study guide.
- You should also make use of other recommended preparation materials:
- Philosophy & Features: performance, JSON, BSON, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, horizontal scaling, and the Mongo shell
- CRUD: Create, Read, Update, and Delete operations
- Indexing: single key, compound, multi-key, mechanics, and performance
- Aggregation: pipeline, operators, memory usage, sort, skip, and limit
- Replication: configuration, oplog concepts, write concern, elections, failover, and deployment to multiple data centers
- Sharding: components, when to shard, balancing, shard keys, and hashed shard keys
- Application Administration: data files, journaling, authentication, and authorization
- Server Administration: performance analysis, storage engines, diagnostics and debugging, maintenance, backup, and recovery
- Fundamental database concepts
- Fundamentals of system programming